Table of Contents
Many forms of gambling like poker, sports betting, and mahjong without any approved channels are illegal in Mainland China. With the development of technology, scammers also adapt to how they would do their business, primarily through gambling. For this reason, here are the common casino scams that you should be aware of:
Online Casino Scams
There is no doubt that online casino gambling has been the go-to entertainment for punters in the last ten years and is growing bigger every year. Every online casino operator would offer in all honesty, a better and unbiased odds than land-based casinos. Sadly, some operators do not agree with this, just playing by their own rules.
A lot of casino operators make the industry look bad and devastate the players’ experience. This casino scams you should know by now really affects the whole gambling community.
Casino players should be aware of the signs or tactics of online casino scams to avoid scum operations.
List of Online Casino Scams
- The Affactive Group – Won the Casinomeister’s Worst Casino Group three times and had been tormenting players for quite some time now.
- African Palace Casino, Commission365 affiliate, and Indio Casino – These casinos are notorious for the non-payment of the jackpot.
- Atlantic Vegas Scam – This casino blatantly covers up the legality of their license and location of their business.
- Betfair – The players lost their money because of errors in the casino bonus promotion.
- BetPort Casino – Giving inexcusable unclear reasons for the closing of accounts before stealing the winnings.
- BLR Technologies – A rigged casino software program.
- Class1Casino AKA Maxima Casino – They regularly change their terms and conditions then refuse to give the payout base on amended terms.
- Gold VIP Club – These are lawbreakers. They do not pay their winners.
- Grand Duke Scammers – A casino that offers bonuses but with terms that are impossible to absolve and with a lousy way of behaving.
- iButler Casino – A swindler casino full of thieves.
- Jackpots Heaven – They are accountable for plagiarism by copying another casino’s terms and conditions. The operator had bogus business practices and even robbed a casino software program.
- Lucky 18 Casino – A casino guilty of not giving the players their winnings, which led to numerous complaints on several online casino forums.
- Oceans Casino Scam – This casino is notorious for missing deposits and winnings.
- Oddsmaker – Simply robs almost all their players.
- Planet Kings – In 2013, they won the Casinomeister’s Worst Casino, and somehow they still operate.
- Rushmore / C-planet Group – Cheats and tricks their players by winning their loyalty and trust.
- Sunny Group – Miami Beach Casino, Sun Gaming, and Casino Fortune.
- Teller Processing Casinos – Royal Dice, Sierra Star Casino, and Giant Vegas steal their players’ funds.
- Top Game Casinos – Top Game Casinos have a cheating software program with unsuccessful payments and horrific online customer support.
- Vegas2Web – Operates with considerable payout delays.
- Unibet Casino – Tricks players with bogus bonuses and with no pays.
- Virtual Casino Group – This group had been in the industry for almost ten years now, scamming all their players.
Common Casino Scam Types
Delayed Payment and Non Payment
Casino operators face this problem almost all the time. Delays do happen, but it’s better if they give out your winnings on time. There are a lot of reasons that connect this problem, like technical errors or processing issues that we tend to understand all the time. But there are also scam casinos that make all excuses not to pay their players and associates. The operators could be broke or were a scam production primarily.
Processing of payouts in online casinos takes typically longer than a few business days in Europe and most of its surrounding areas. Players in the United States will endure some delays, but it should usually take a few weeks and not several months.
The house always has an advantage in every casino, a bettor should know. The operators regulate this advantage to prevent abuse by the corrupt. Some casinos offer dubious games to their players in which a legal win can not be possible. But there are independent gaming bodies that test and regulate reputable online casinos to give assurance to players that they will play fair with the casino.
A Casino’s Homepage Misrepresentation
The flashy homepage, lots of games offered, etc., is not the basis of an online casino's legitimacy, but its license to operate. Online casinos that cheat players have more than enough money to put capital on web design, advertising, and marketing because they make their players stay longer and keep the money to themselves.
They will bombard their homepages with tons of offers and games and will stage a regulatory agency that they allowed their games to operate. Even the active agency that authorizes the legitimacy of the site is fake. These rogue casinos will not also remove the seals given to them for compliance. You better make some extra effort to know who to trust in the gambling industry.
Unfair Business Practices and Terms and Conditions
Misbehaving casinos change their terms and conditions almost every time favoring their website for the advantage. For example, the operator offers players lines of credit without their knowledge. If the players don’t want to pay, they will receive numerous calls and other methods to follow up.
Mistreatment of Affiliates
There are signs of trouble for player balances if they found out that agreements between online casinos and their affiliates are not pushing through. The members may start not receiving any payments from the online casino affiliate programs.
Use of Unverifiable Licence Number
You can locate the operator’s license number in tiny text and usually in brackets. If you cannot find this detail, the operator might not have a valid license at all. You should also check out the casino’s online reviews and feedback to gather opinions from others. Look for other certificates that a casino should have. The Malta Gaming Authority and Curacao eGaming certificates are jurisdictional licenses. You should also consider security companies that verify criminal records and activities of the casino operator. The eCOGRA and iTech Labs gives an assurance that the random number generators are random. It also provides the casino with a chance to correct any glitch that occurred.
How to Avoid Falling Victim to Casino Scams
Reputation and Legacy Matters
A good company can build a good reputation with many years of operation. You can do your research about the casino. Visiting online forums and chat rooms can give you an idea about the casino’s reputation and steady services. You can also spot someone who was scammed because they would want the authorities to know about what happened.
There is also a great list of reputable and established software providers, which you should know even. You can determine fake software by knowing they are using counterfeit sites also. So it is a good start for you to determine the licensing of the casino operator.
Check Banking Options
Having many banking options makes an online casino trustworthy. Established credit and debit cards such as MasterCard and VISA, and e-wallets like Neteller, Skrill, and PayPal. Bank transfers and prepaid cards are also accepted.
Be mindful of cash-only online casinos, and big banking companies do not want to deal with scammers. Just go with the usual payment methods that the e-commerce sector has been using for an extended time already.
Verify Veracity of Customer Support
You should avoid online casinos that lack the provision of contact options. Any business in every industry knows that customer support is vital to maintaining good relationships with clients. You may again read forums across the internet to get feedback about the online casino, which is a proven way to measure if you can trust them. You need to find an email address and a contact number of the operator, and maybe you can check out if they have live chat services.
These are some casino scams you should know by now and make sure to avoid it. But in most cases, online casinos do comply with legal requirements and operate fairly for their players. It is always better to be knowledgeable and prepared with how you would play inside a casino, land-based, or online. Research is easily accessible, with the help of the internet that will let you know if your prospective online casino is authentic and not a scammer.